A Day With TODAY Show Producers

 This past Friday the TODAY  producers were in Pinecraft doing some footage to be aired at a later date. We were to meet at my place at 8am sharp. The first people to arrive were Sheryl and Lena friends from Ohio, Sherry, Janet, Marietta and Larry. 

 Durrell Dawson, Producer-Editor of Today show, with Lena Schlabach from Ohio. Lena is a special friend of mine that I had posted about in November 2012.

 Larry Is mounting a video camera on Sara's bike. I was taking Sara Haines around Pinecraft for an hour or so, showing her the neighborhood and whatever goes on in the life of Pinecraft.

 The two camera people were in the back of Larry's solar buggy with the curtain rolled up. 

 Sara going into the park.

 I had to take a shot of the Lost & Found Box. I had never seen this box with seven jackets lost.

 I helped play a game of Shuffleboard with Sara and a few others. We had an audience which included two little brothers.I love the perspective of this photo.

 After finishing our game I took a look at what these little boys were standing on to watch us play our game. Sara and I next settle down at a picnic table to visit.

 The next thing I knew little Luke had followed and edged up to us and took a seat at the end of the table. I have a very high respect for this camera crew as they immediately clicked their camera off, for they did not have permission for Luke to be included in the shooting. We waited for Luke to leave but he didn't. He was very comfortable visiting with us. He was just adorable, a beautiful innocent little boy and never gave it a thought that he shouldn't be with us. He told us his name is Luke and he is four years old. He didn't know his daddy or mamma's name. Nor did he know if he is the oldest or youngest in the family. We waited for him to leave but he wouldn't go, so I suggested that he go find his Daddy. His answer was he knows where his Daddy is, indicating he doesn't need to go find him. So then two of the gals walked up to the Shuffleboard court and found his daddy. He came along down and apologized and picked up his youngest son. We all had a good relaxed laugh. 

After we were finished at the Park I biked home and the crew went to Alma Sue's Quilt shop to do some filming and also Sherry Gore did a cooking session with them.

 And then it was time for the three Pioneer Buses to load and leave. Paul consented to answer questions for the crew. Thank you, Paul.

Amanda, Sara and Durrell. It was a good day.

11 comments:

  1. Good one Katie!

    Cori

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little guy who "did not need to find his Daddy" cracks me up! It sounds like a fun day. I look forward to see all this footage eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, did they say when this would be aired?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said they will let me know when it will be aired.Durrell also said he will be asking for a bit more information and he hasn't asked yet.

      Delete
  4. The innocence of children!! Looking forward to the airing of this, Katie. Nice pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Air date: April 16 during the fourth hour show with Kathie Lee and Hoda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting day! The little guy wanted in on it. Who could blame him?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry I missed the air date! Is there a video that can be looked at on the computer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The videos will be on Amazon. If you are a Prime Member you can watch them free of further charge. If not there is a small fee attached. I think they will be available 24 hours after each TV show.

      Delete
  8. Is there any other way to see the video? I'm not a member of Amazon. I suppose you got a video? Could we see it sometime when we come to Florida? Not sure yet, but thinking MAYBE this next winter? Have to find out what the rent is before we start seriously thinking about it. Sure would love to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2316138/Amish-paradise-plain-people-Florida-community-bicycles-common-cars.html

    At the bottom of this page is the video.

    ReplyDelete

Try out this link to see how it works. I am new at Wordpress. Pinecraftsarasota.home.blog Thanks.