Inventor's Parade in Pinecraft

 A week ago I was at the park when a mini parade came through Pinecraft. That was the time I got the solar buggy ride. It was also the time when I was invited to be in the parade tonight. Dave Swartzentruber had a special hitch made to fit my bike in and so I trailed behind Pioneer Trails cart. This is Milt Yoder and his passengers.
                                            Mahlon and his grandson waiting to get into the parade.

                                                        This is my bike all ready to go.

                             And then the recliner came rolling in on it's own power to join the parade.

The parade gathered and started in the parking lot at the backside of Yoder's Deli on Kaufman and made it's way to the park and back to Kaufman, and made a few more turns and twists. Then we crossed Bahia Vista at the light and toured the north side of Pinecraft.

I think all of these men have always been mechanically minded and are inventors. As young boys they probably were always tinkering with their Dad's tools and coming up with some surprises toys etc. It is like Daniel Ebersole's wife told me last winter, "If you don't have a hobby when you are young you will have nothing to do when you are old." This quote has stuck with me and tonight was evidence of  young mechanically minds growing old.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try out this link to see how it works. I am new at Wordpress. Pinecraftsarasota.home.blog Thanks.