Pennsylvania's "Good-Bye"


I have never been much of a hand shaker. It became a strong dislike when I moved to a community that it was required to shake hands with every female because I was a female every Sunday when we gathered for church services. Somehow our spiritual status was measured by our handshakes and holy kisses. This was just the way it was. With my short stature I had to wiggle my way through the crowds and make sure I don't miss anybody. I confess I hated it. 
I have watched many a Pennsylvania person when they are ready to board the bus make their rounds to relatives and close friends shake their hands as a part of saying "Good Bye". And I see it as a beautiful thing.    





No comments:

Post a Comment

Try out this link to see how it works. I am new at Wordpress. Pinecraftsarasota.home.blog Thanks.