Rain and the Pioneer Bus

 Today the Pioneer bus was due to come in around 1 PM. Soon after twelve the sky darkened with storm clouds. I looked at the time and the clouds and decided I don't want to miss this opportunity of watching the bus unload in a heavy down pour, so I headed out the door at the first drops of rain. 

 I pedaled as fast as I could and just made it under Marie's roof before skies let loose.

 After visiting quite a while with Marie I biked to the edge of the carport and saw Leanna and Allen Yoders taken shelter across the parking lot.

 Their little awning was not quite big enough to shelter all of them, so he took shelter under the window awning.

 Then it was the little girl's turn...

 until she had enough of standing alone.

 The bus finally pulled in very late, with Ken Wengerd and Jacob Miller as drivers. The reason for their lateness was coming upon a wreck in Columbus Ohio which delayed them for an hour. They made up about half of the lost time while stopping for breakfast. But then they were stopped for a bus inspection before crossing into Florida. The inspection took 45 minutes. Their last delay was in Tampa, which I never got the details.
 
 But they arrived safe and sound at 1:45 more or less. Amish Henry came off the bus.

 And about a dozen or so more. Tomorrow we go up with 27 people or so. Obviously by the snapshots the rain stopped long before the bus arrived. So I didn't get to see the passengers getting off in the rain, but I am glad it quit raining because it would have been a mess.

1 comment:

  1. They made up about half of the lost time while stopping for breakfast. But then they were stopped for a bus inspection before crossing into Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Try out this link to see how it works. I am new at Wordpress. Pinecraftsarasota.home.blog Thanks.