The Parable of the Gallardia

 Tonight I biked to the other side of Bahia Vista. I am not sure why I decided to bike there instead of my normal ride to the park. But I just had a strong urge to cross Bahia Vista and so I did. I ended up spending quite a bit of time at the backside of the Holderman church photographing flowers. The Galleria or Indian Blanket is my all time favorite from that row of flowers.

 After I sorted my photo shots tonight I thought of how flowers are like people. We are born individuals like this flower.

 Then we are small groups like a neighborhood. This summer there are four of us on our street. 

 And we are also a whole group made up of various ages, of different sizes both in the physical and also in the spiritual.

 We can also function together as a mixture of cultures.

 Each culture has it's own beauty, it's own strengths and weaknesses.

Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth... goes for humans and flowers. I brought a handful of seed heads home with intentions of seeding them in a big flowerpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try out this link to see how it works. I am new at Wordpress. Pinecraftsarasota.home.blog Thanks.