An Otto Invention



This afternoon I spotted this cart attached to a bike. Of course I went after it and observed it a bit and asked if I may take a few pictures? 

Rudy gave credit to his wife for this invention. It is a lightweight cart made from vinyl. You can either pull or push the cart. Today the cart is being pulled, but when a person wants to push it, flip the seat over. It comes with a seat belt and a handle on each side for a little hand to grip while on the go. 

It never entered my mind until now but I would love to have a ride on one like this. When I lived in Tennessee our main mode of transportation was bicycles. I once had a ride in a cart behind a tandem bike for 90 miles going over the Cumberland Plateau from Decatur to Cookeville TN. It was once in a lifetime ride never to be repeated. We got off the Plateau at Monterey and on the way down we literally flew except we stayed on the ground. At first I was afraid of the high speed for I knew it would be instant death if something happened. But I decided I am going to enjoy the ride while I can. If I die, I die. I didn't die and am still alive and well 18 years later. 

This cart is Rudy's first and will be auctioned off at the Haiti Benefit Auction, coming up on January 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try out this link to see how it works. I am new at Wordpress. Pinecraftsarasota.home.blog Thanks.